To create a API key on Coinbase Pro that can be used to enable Coinbase Pro trading within the Cove Markets app.
NOTE: Coinbase and Coinbase Pro have separate wallets. You will need to make sure your Coinbase Pro account is the one funded prior to being able to trade on it using Cove Markets. If your funds are in a Coinbase wallet, you can follow the instructions found here to transfer them to your Coinbase Pro wallet.
Follow the instructions below to create a new API key in Coinbase Pro and add it to your Cove Markets account.
- Visit https://pro.coinbase.com/profile/api.
- Click "+ New API key" on the top-right.
- Portfolio: N/A.
- Give your API key a nickname, e.g. "Cove Markets Key".
- Permissions: Select "View" and "Trade". Do NOT select "Transfer".
- Copy Passphrase and paste it in Cove Markets in the Coinbase Pro setup section.
- IP Whitelist: Ignore.
- Click "CREATE API KEY".
- Enter 2FA, if applicable.
- Copy API Secret and paste it in Cove Markets in the Coinbase Pro setup section.
- Click "DONE".
- Copy API Key and paste it in Cove Markets in the Coinbase Pro setup section.