To create a API key on Bitstamp that can be used to enable Bitstamp trading within CoveTrader.
Follow the instructions below to create a new API key in Bitstamp and add it to your CoveTrader account.
- Visit https://www.bitstamp.net/account/security/api/
- Click "New API Key" in the top-right.
- Skip the filter section under "Generate New API Key"
- General permissions: Select both "Account balance" and "User transactions"
- Do NOT select any options under "Withdrawals, Deposits, or Transfers"
- Orders: Select "Open orders", "Cancel order", "Buy limit/market orders", and "Sell limit/market orders"
- Click "Enter 2FA & Submit" and enter 2FA
- Copy Key, which is the public key, and paste it in CoveTrader in the Bistamp setup section
- Copy Secret, and paste it in CoveTrader in the Bistamp setup section
- Click "Activate"
- An email will be sent, so find this email and click "Activate API key"