To create a API key on Bitstamp that can be used to enable Bitstamp trading within the Cove Markets app.
Follow the instructions below to create a new API key in Bitstamp and add it to your Cove Markets account.
- Visit https://www.bitstamp.net/account/security/api/.
- Click "New API Key" in the top-right.
- Skip the filter section under "Generate New API Key".
- General permissions: Select both "Account balance" and "User transactions".
- Do NOT select any options under "Withdrawals, Deposits, or Transfers".
- Orders: Select "Open orders", "Cancel order", "Buy limit/market orders", and "Sell limit/market orders".
- Click "Enter 2FA & Submit" and enter 2FA.
- Copy Key, which is the public key, and paste it in Cove Markets in the Bitstamp setup section.
- Copy Secret, and paste it in Cove Markets in the Bitstamp setup section
- Click "Activate".
- An email will be sent, so find this email and click "Activate API key".