To create a API key on Kraken that can be used to enable Kraken trading within the Cove Markets app.
Follow the instructions below to create a new API key in Kraken and add it to your Cove Markets account.
NOTE: Don't skip the passphrase step as the passphrase is required to set up Kraken trading in the Cove Markets app.
- Visit https://www.kraken.com.
- Click on your name on the top right of the screen, and select "Settings" on the drop-down menu, then "API".
- Click "+ Generate New Key" (or "Add Key" if you have have existing keys).
- Key Description: Choose anything, e.g. "Cove Markets Key".
- Nonce Window: Ignore.
- Key Permissions: Funds: Select "Query Funds".
- Orders & Trades: Select all ("Query Open Orders & Trades", "Query Closed Orders & Trades", "Modify Orders", "Cancel/Close Orders").
- Other: Select "Export Data" and "Access WebSockets API".
- Do not enable Key Expiration, Query Start Date/Time, or Query End Date/Time.
- Click "Generate Key".
- Copy API Key and paste it in Cove Markets in the Kraken setup section.
- Copy Private Key and paste it in Cove Markets in the Kraken setup section.
- Hit "Save".
- You will need to add a static password, so go back to https://www.kraken.com and authenticate again if needed.
- Click on your name on the top right, and select "Security" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "2FA Settings".
- Under API keys, find the key description for the key you just created and toggle "OFF" to "ON".
- Click on "Password", and create a password.
- Check "Creating new orders", "Closing open positions", and "Cancelling open orders". Do NOT select "Depositing funds" or "Withdrawing & Transferring funds".
- Click on "Confirm".
- Enter your selected passphrase in the Kraken setup section.