What can I see in the Trading widget?
The Trading widget is where you can see your balances per exchange, as well as place orders to the exchange for which you have API keys set up.
- Order Entry Fields:
- Instrument: The instrument you would like to place an order on.
- Exchange: "ALL" will route the order to whichever exchange has the best price at the time of order submission. Otherwise, you can select a specific exchange which will send the order to your selected exchange.
NOTE: The "ALL" option is only available if you have API keys enabled for multiple exchanges.
- Side: Select whether you want to "Buy" or "Sell".
- Quantity: Quantity that you would like to buy or sell.
- Slider: The slider allows you to quickly select the desired quantity as a percentage of your available balance. Sliding it all the way to the right would set the quantity to 100% of your balance. The small dots are visual queue representing 25% increments.
- Type: The type of order or algo you would like to utilize for the order, e.g. Limit, Market, etc.
- Price: Price to buy or sell at for order types that support it.
- Stop Price: Stop price to buy or sell at for order types that support it.
- Other: Based on the selected order type, you will see Order Modifiers like Protect, Post Only, etc.
- You can pre-populate some of the values by clicking inside the BBO or Order Book widgets.
- The "Clear" button will clear all the previously selected options from the Order Entry ticket.
By clicking on the cog wheel on the top right of the Order Entry widget you can adjust the widget settings.
- You can increase or decrease the percentage of the Protection Depth by clicking on the "+" or "-" symbols.
- Enabling "1-Click Submission" disables the final confirmation users receive after clicking the "Buy <symbol>" button.